Readers often ask me which of my books should they read first? Truth? Whichever one sounds good to you!
But I realize that there are often more factors to consider when deciding what to read, so I’ve put together this page to help you find the books that will be best for you or the reader in your life.
1. Begin with a Series Starter. That’s a Book 1 in a series. The truth is, I have lots of adult readers who love reading my books for kids, so if you’re an older reader, I don’t want you to make age the only consideration when choosing books to read. I don’t know about you, but middle grade fantasy is one of my absolute favorite genres to read. That said, here are my series starters or stand-alone titles you can choose from:
2. Read the genre or age group you like best. While I am mostly a fantasy writer, not all my books are fantasy. Here is a list of my books by genre and age/content rating.
Medieval or Ancient Fantasy
Dystopian or Post-Apocalyptic
- The Safe Lands trilogy (16+)
- The Thirst duology (12+)
- Replication (12+)
- The RoboTales series (8+)
By Age/Content Rating
Adult or older young adult books for readers in the 16+ category:
- The Safe Lands trilogy (YA Dystopian)
- The Kinsman Chronicles (Epic Fantasy)
Young adult readers in the 12+ category:
- The Blood of Kings trilogy (Medieval Fantasy)
- The Thirst Duology (YA Post-Apocalyptic)
- The Mission League series (YA Action-Adventure/Spy)
- Replication (YA Science Fiction)
Middle Grade Readers in the 10+ category:
- The Magic Hunters trilogy (Middle Grade Fantasy)
Middle Grade Readers in the 8+ category:
- The RoboTales series (Middle Grade Science Fiction)
3. Read new content as I write it on my Patreon. Some readers would rather read my new content as I write it and give me feedback as I go. These are my Patreons, and they are super important people in my life. These individuals support my writing at the grass-roots level, while I’m still experimenting with the stories. Readers can subscribe to my Patreon page for as little as $1 a month and read all the books I’ve written there. Some of these books have since been published in ebook and print. The versions you read on my Patreon will be the pre-edited, non-final versions. Other books are not yet available to be read anywhere but Patreon. Here are the books available on my Patreon Account. Click here to learn more about my Patreon Page.