Cover reveal! Go Teen Writers: Write Your Novel is here!
Jill Williamson on September 29, 2020
Last week we released the book cover reveal for the new writing book that Stephanie Morrill, Shannon Dittemore, and I wrote. It’s called Go Teen Writers: Write Your Novel. And it is, in a way, a prequel project to Go Teen Writers: Edit Your Novel. This one is for the beginning writer, who is struggling to finish that first draft. The cover was designed by the talented Roseanna White. We cannot wait until this book releases on December 3. To learn more or preorder, click here.
Here’s the book description:
You have a story to tell, don’t you? Or maybe you simply want to try your hand at fiction writing. Perhaps you’ve given it your best effort, but simply didn’t have enough tools in your tool box to finish that first draft. Wherever you’re at with this novel-writing thing, popular bloggers Stephanie Morrill, Jill Williamson, and Shannon Dittemore totally understand.
They know it’s hard to finish a first draft. To stay motivated until the end. To feel like a “real” writer. They know because they’ve been there too.
In Go Teen Writers: Write Your Novel, you’ll learn:
- There is no such thing as one right way to write a novel.
- How to take an idea and give it a beginning, middle, and end.
- What story structure means and how it strengthens a book.
- Different approaches to plotting a novel.
- How to develop characters worth reading about.
- Strategies for creating memorable storyworlds and settings.
- What theme is and how to use it to enrich your story.
- What to do when your first draft is finished.
There’s no doubt about it. Learning to write a novel from beginning to end is a challenge. But with this book as your guide, you’ll see that when you’re in possession of the right tools, you’re capable of finishing what you start. You’ll be empowered and encouraged—as if you had a writing coach (or three!) sitting alongside you.