THIRST, my upcoming post-apocalyptic YA novel, releases in November, and I need your help to start spreading the word! It all starts with the cover reveal on September 24, and I’ve added a bookish giveaway to thank everyone for participating. First, here’s a little bit about THIRST:
A waterborne disease has sprung up in every corner of the globe, decimating the human race. Seventeen-year-old Eli McShane and his friends flee the chaos and violence in Phoenix and journey north toward the rumored location of a safe water source. They add several to their number, including a mysterious girl named Hannah, who, unknown to Eli, is being hunted by a dangerous man. Desperation brings out the worst in many of the travelers, infecting even those closest to Eli. When division comes, will he be able to hold his group together or will each fall victim to their own thirst for survival?
Ahh! I get chills just thinking about the journey these teens are in for! THIRST a prequel to The Safe Lands trilogy. It tells the story of Papa Eli, back when he was a teenager and he and his friends survived the Great Pandemic that sparked the future dystopian world in which Levi, Mason, Omar, and Shaylinn were taken captive. I have a gorgeous book cover that was designed by the talented Emilie Hendryx, and I’m planning a cover reveal for September 24.
I’m also doing a giveaway for everyone who participates in the cover reveal. The prizes are:
- Your choice of a limited edition, signed and numbered hard cover Blood of Kings trilogy –OR– a $50 gift certificate for my author bookstore, plus a signed hard cover copy of THIRST.
- A $25 gift certificate in my author bookstore plus a signed hard cover copy of THIRST.
- A signed hard cover copy of THIRST.
Here’s how the giveaway works:
- Sign up on my cover reveal Google Form (link below).
- On September 17 (which is one week before the cover reveal) you will receive an email with images of the book cover that you can use “as is” or adapt to create your own image. That email will also contain instruction for cover reveal day, the book blurb, hashtags, sample images and written text you can use, and details on pre-order goodies I’ll be offering.
- On cover reveal day, post wherever you like and either tag me or email me the link. You will receive one entry for each social media site you post on (two for Instagram if you post once in your story and once on your grid). You are welcome and encouraged to post more pictures of the book cover in the days and months following the cover reveal day, but only posts from September 24 will be counted toward entries in the cover reveal giveaway.
And that’s it. Easy peasy.
If you’d like to help with the cover reveal, sign up at this link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf1sKr36sm03gPyMdLAxH4F3G3ic4qJs7TGguuwzI3KC0iQBg/viewform
Thanks for your help, faithful readers! I so appreciate you. 🙂
Oh, and if you want to pre-order THIRST at a low price or jump on pre-ordering the hard cover (which will count toward pre-order goodies that will be announced later), here are those links: